IC1805 and NGC896 in SHO

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here's the heart and fish nebulas in SHO palette.    This took 20 minute exposures on my AP92 Stowaway APO.   I used the ZWOASI6200 mono camera with Chroma 3nm filters.  I did an experiment with this image and shot it at 2x2 binning, and then once I processed it, I drizzled the data to gather back some resolution from the under-sampled image.   I think it worked well.  While the data amount for this kind of narrow band image isn't that great, e.g. how many 20 minute images can you really take, but would be much more useful when shooting 2 minute luminance images where i may take > 100.  And the 100MB files for the full resolution of this camera take a lot of space.    In any case, I thought it interesting.

Terri

ScottE
(@scotte)

Beautiful Shot, Terri.

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Thank you Scotty, Much appreciated.     I also wonder about needing to do a "I'm not a robot" every single time I log in.    I do have to do this now and it's just a thing that makes it less attractive to use.   It takes about 3 seconds, but almost no other site requires this on every log in, in fact none that I know of.    Would more modern software work better and be easier to use?    

Terri

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here is the updated image after drizzling.. a re-inflation.

ReplyQuote
Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Both are very nice.  They also nicely show there more than one "right" result when it comes to image processing. Aesthetically, I like the 2nd version a little more as it has more of "punch" to it while still showing some of the gas and dust that permeates the region.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

@pwalker

Thanks Paul.   I like the second one as well.

T

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...