Notifications
Clear all

NDC 5128

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ron-anstey)
Topic starter  

NGC5128 is a type E0 peculiar elliptical galaxy in the constellation Centaurus. This galaxy is one of the most luminous and massive galaxies known and is a strong source of both radio and X-ray radiation. It acquired its alternative designation of Centaurus A precisely because it's the strongest radio source in Centaurus.

Chile-1 Wide Field - Processed in PixInsight using autointegrate.js and PhotoShop CS6
I will try this object using Chile - 2 soon.

Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Nice image.  I didn't know it's NGC designation.  My first thought was that it looks a lot like Centaurus A but I waited until after I read your post.  What's the technical details of the image?

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

beautiful image Ron, looking forward to seeing many more.  Amazing what you can get with 25 minutes!
terri

Posted by: @ron-anstey

NGC5128 is a type E0 peculiar elliptical galaxy in the constellation Centaurus. This galaxy is one of the most luminous and massive galaxies known and is a strong source of both radio and X-ray radiation. It acquired its alternative designation of Centaurus A precisely because it's the strongest radio source in Centaurus.

Chile-1 Wide Field - Processed in PixInsight using autointegrate.js and PhotoShop CS6
I will try this object using Chile - 2 soon.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...