Clear all

North America and Pelican nebulae

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This was captured from my backyard in Williston.  It was my first 'processable' image using a new ASI2600MC Pro.  I didn't use any filters this time, but I'm looking forward to trying another capture with a dual narrowband (H-alpha, O-III) filter to bring out more highlights.

AT60ED and field flattener
iOptron SkyGuider Pro with guiding via ASIAir Plus and an ASI120mm mini/30F4 guide scope
ASI2600 MC Pro
4 min x 30 light frames s with corresponding dark, flat, and bias calibration frames
Stacked/Processed in Siril and in Adobe Photoshop 2022

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

This was captured from my backyard in Williston.  It was my first 'processable' image using a new ASI2600MC Pro.  I didn't use any filters this time, but I'm looking forward to trying another capture with a dual narrowband (H-alpha, O-III) filter to bring out more highlights.

AT60ED and field flattener
iOptron SkyGuider Pro with guiding via ASIAir Plus and an ASI120mm mini/30F4 guide scope
ASI2600 MC Pro
4 min x 30 light frames s with corresponding dark, flat, and bias calibration frames
Stacked/Processed in Siril and in Adobe Photoshop 2022

Great capture Greg, wonderfully wide field.    Nice star shape and star color.    I have the same camera but haven't used it too much.

Thank you for sharing and using the forum!

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I wanted to see if I could separate my OSC camera data into separate channels with the ultimate goal of trying to reproduce a Hubble Palette for some of my images.  (I got a little tired of Ha/OIII colors.) I processed individual channels in Astro Pixel Processor and did color manipulation in Photoshop.  I initially mapped the Ha to green, OIII to blue, and SII (for which I didn't actually have a filter) to red.  Not sure what I wound up with, though!! 🤪 

I don't think I succeeded in getting a Hubble Palette (in any way that can be called scientifically 'accurate') but I like the way the re-processed image looks, and I think I can actually see more detail in parts of the image.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...