The Great American Eclipse from Williston, Vt

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here are some images.. I've caught a bug so been a little under the weather last night and today so image processing is going slow.

We had a fantastic time with many neighbors and out of town family!    No one went away disappointed in the show we saw.    I automated all of my imaging so I didn't touch a camera or a setting during the eclipse and decided I'd get what I get.   

The clouds and the reflection from the clouds damped the corona a bit, but not the enthusiasm.     My images below were taken with an Astro Physics Stowaway with flattener and Canon Ra mirrorless camera.     I used my Astr0-Physics Mach2 mount.   I have 100s of shots and when I feel a bit better I'll post a few more or a collage.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago 9 times by Terri Zittritsch

(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

@terri  Absolutely amazing shots, Terri!!  Really nice.   Feel better soon!

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

@greg-erianne Thank you Greg!   I just noticed my post-baileys beads shot should be called pre-baileys beads.  Oh well, it can wait.

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

One last time.    Not sure I can do much better unless I figure some new techniques out.

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

And yet again.

Terri

ReplyQuote
Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Nice set of images Terri. You had enough focal length to get the kind I detail I knew I wouldn't get at the 300mm fl I had intended to use (my lens opted to zoom out on itself to only 205mm. The detail you managed to pull out of the corona in the MX_composite_4_22 file would be amazing with clear skies, incredible considering the high clouds we had.  Even your first run on the Corona_61A5919-2 file is better than I would have expected.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...