Jupiter and Saturn September 25

13 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Still processing shots.. took quite a few.   The sky wasn't terrible here but wasn't a 100% either.  These were shot with a TEC140 with both 2X powermate and 2X barlow and an ASI224MC color camera.  

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Terri Zittritsch

(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @terri

Still processing shots.. took quite a few.   The sky wasn't terrible here but wasn't a 100% either.  These were shot with a TEC140 with both 2X powermate and 2X barlow and an ASI224MC color camera.  

Very nice images, Terri!! So glad you were able to get some great shots.

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here's another stack.  I am going to try a de-rotation of images around this time and see if it gets me more.  So far, I haven't seen much  benefit.  I think it's because my quality just isn't there.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
(@peter-gillette)
Eminent Member

Hi Terri,

Fine looking shots. Yes, could be better, if your name is Christopher Go and you're shooting from the Phillipines. The sky hasn't been very good lately, unfortunately.

-p-

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @peter-gillette

Hi Terri,

Fine looking shots. Yes, could be better, if your name is Christopher Go and you're shooting from the Phillipines. The sky hasn't been very good lately, unfortunately.

-p-

Thanks Peter for the kind words and great to hear from you!   Well i'm never sure how much is due to me versus seeing.    This is not something I've done a tremendous amount of.

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @terri
Posted by: @peter-gillette

Hi Terri,

-p-

Thanks Peter for the kind words and great to hear from you!   Well i'm never sure how much is due to me versus seeing.    This is not something I've done a tremendous amount of.

Terri

I think they're terrific as well, Terri!   Well, it looks like the seeing might just be halfway decent for a change on Thursday night (9/29).  The jet stream (hopefully) will have moved off to the east and there's a high pressure system moving over us.  Fingers crossed!  👍 

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Thank you Greg.   I've been watching as well, it will be my last chance for a couple of weeks as I'll be out of state.   The way my luck is, you'll probably have 2 weeks of the best seeing Vermont has ever had...haha.

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@peter-gillette)
Eminent Member

Woohoo!!!!

Thanks for taking one for the team, Terri! 🙂 

-P-

ReplyQuote
ScottE
(@scotte)

They look good to me. I have aspirations of getting to the point where I can generate images with that detail.

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

Thought I'd throw my Jupiter/Saturn pics in the mix.  Not nearly as good or as detailed as Terri's, but I thought I'd post them

In the Jupiter pic, there's something I haven't encountered before and Terri was good enough to give me some info about it. The rim on the right side of the planet is an effect coming from sharpening called a Gibb's effect (rind, rim effect...).  First time I saw this, so I thought I'd post this.  If I went beyond the sharpening I already applied, I could really see it a lot more.  Anyway, thanks Terri!  As always, I learned something. 

Greg

This post was modified 2 years ago by Greg Erianne

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @greg-erianne

Thought I'd throw my Jupiter/Saturn pics in the mix.  Not nearly as good or as detailed as Terri's, but I thought I'd post them

In the Jupiter pic, there's something I haven't encountered before and Terri was good enough to give me some info about it. The rim on the right side of the planet is an effect coming from sharpening called a Gibb's effect (rind, rim effect...).  First time I saw this, so I thought I'd post this.  If I went beyond the sharpening I already applied, I could really see it a lot more.  Anyway, thanks Terri!  As always, I learned something. 

Greg

Great shots Greg!!   I have not done eyepiece projection for a long time.   Very cool process.

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @scotte

They look good to me. I have aspirations of getting to the point where I can generate images with that detail.

Thanks Scott!

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here's a stack of stacks with Jupiter de-rotated using Winjupos.    I've never seen much out of this but it seems to smooth out some of the noise.  Not really getting any added detail.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...