Clear all

SNR 132.6+01.5 (HB-3, HBH-3)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Don't know too much about this Supernova Remnant, other than I haven't seen many images of it besides IR and X-Ray.  I thought it would be cool to see if I could capture it.  This is in the constellation Cas and is very close to the Heart Nebula (IC 1805) and the Fish Head Nebula (IC 1795).  In fact, if you look in the upper right-hand corner, you can see the outline of the Fish Head.

With the weather here in VT, I started this project in November 2023 and didn't take my last image until January 2, 2023!  All that, and I only wound up with about 9.5 hours on the target.  To top things off, I must have rotated my camera prior to my RGB stars session, so I couldn't even use those beautiful RGB stars without having to crop a lot of the SNR out!  I'm still hoping to get a bit more time on it, though, but I was growing a little weary of the same target.

Capture Dates/Exposures:

Dates:

Frames:

Integration:9h 40′

Avg. Moon age:10.65 days -- Avg. Moon phase:53.26%

Askar 107PHQ w/ 0.7x reducer
ASI2600MM Pro with Antlia LRGB and SHO 2" filters in a ZWO 7-position EFW
ZWO EAF, ZWO AM5
Svbony SV106 guide scope with an ASI178MM guide cam

Processed with PixInsight and Adobe Photoshop.

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Greg Erianne

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

Don't know too much about this Supernova Remnant, other than I haven't seen many images of it besides IR and X-Ray.  I thought it would be cool to see if I could capture it.  This is in the constellation Cas and is very close to the Heart Nebula (IC 1805) and the Fish Head Nebula (IC 1795).  In fact, if you look in the upper right-hand corner, you can see the outline of the Fish Head.

Beautiful image Greg... I don't know anything about it but it seems a fine AP target.    Like the colors and the contrast of the object.    Very cool!

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@terri Thanks, Terri!  I was anxious to see what I had after almost two months!  More detail in there, I suspect, with additional time.

Greg

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I finally was able to get my RGB stars for this supernova remnant last night, so I updated the image.  More natural stars, I think.  I added the capture date and exposure time for these RGB stars to the list below.

I also eliminated the extra brightness I added to the image initially, so the colors appear more saturated.  

Capture Dates/Exposures:

Dates:

Jan. 22, 2024 (RGB Stars)

Frames:

Antlia V-Pro RGB (for RGB stars): 20 exposures each x 60 sec (1h)

Integration:10h 40′

Avg. Moon age:10.65 days -- Avg. Moon phase:53.26%

Askar 107PHQ w/ 0.7x reducer
ASI2600MM Pro with Antlia LRGB and SHO 2" filters in a ZWO 7-position EFW
ZWO EAF, ZWO AM5

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Greg Erianne

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...