Antenna Galaxies NGC 4038 and NGC 4-39

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Here are the Antenna Galaxies, NGC 4038 and 39.    I've been sitting on this data for quite a while as well.   This is from remote telescope data from the Telescope live network.   The data is in LRGB, processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.   The telescope, a 24" Planewave CDK (corrected Dall Kirkam) telescope.

I used non-calibrated data so did all of the image calibration as well.

(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

Wow, that's really beautiful, Terri! Great job processing.  Guess it wasn't too cold or windy when you 'acquired' the data.  😉 Nice that you got to use a $60K, 24" OTA!

Terrific image! 

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @greg-erianne

Guess it wasn't too cold or windy when you 'acquired' the data.  😉 Nice that you got to use a $60K, 24" OTA!

Terrific image! 

Greg

Armchair astronomy at its finest!

ReplyQuote
(@peter-gillette)
Eminent Member

Outstanding shot, Terri!

Does this mean you're going to start looking at housing there?

-P-

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @peter-gillette

Outstanding shot, Terri!

Does this mean you're going to start looking at housing there?

-P-

i am still looking Peter, and Chile is nice and dark in places.   Thanks for the feedback and using the forum.  How is your observing going (when it’s clear of course)?

terri

ReplyQuote
Maura Kelley
(@maura-kelley)
Eminent Member

Hi Terri,

I'm so sorry I missed your meeting presentation on this. Really terrific shot!! I'd love to look into this more. Is this the website? https://app.telescope.live/register/plan

Thank you 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @maura-kelley

Hi Terri,

I'm so sorry I missed your meeting presentation on this. Really terrific shot!! I'd love to look into this more. Is this the website? https://app.telescope.live/register/plan

Thank you 🙂 

Hi Maura, thanks and no worries.   I did an expanded one for the Montcalm Astronomical Society in New Jersey.   The Telescope live data is great to hone your processing skills as the data isn't super clean but is good data from a dark site, so SNR is pretty darn good.   I need to check my settings as I've not gotten any notification of posts and as one of the moderators I should.  I haven't seen a notification in a while now.   I can send my presentation.

Terri

ReplyQuote
Maura Kelley
(@maura-kelley)
Eminent Member

Thank you very much Terri!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...