Clear all

Iris Nebula (NGC 7023)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This gives new meaning to "One Shot Color"...it was taken with a new Sky-Watcher Quattro 150P (f/4) Newtonian -- but it will be the only image I take with that scope since I had to return it!  Long story.  Oh, well.   I was pretty impressed with the light it collected (as evidenced by the fact that this is only 1 hour of subs since I had to throw away 26 others), but there were also some other issues I had to iron out in post-processing.  Anyway, I thought the final image was cool, so I thought I'd share it. 

Sky-Watcher Quattro 150P f/4 Newtonian w/ 0.86x coma corrector (518mm fL) 
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 strain wave mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI120mm mini and a 30mm F4 guide scope
300s x 13 [Total Exposure 1:05]; with dark, flat, and dark-flat frames 
Pre-processed in PixInsight and post-processed in Photoshop

Greg

Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Wow, looks at all those dust clouds.  And with only an hour's worth of exposure.  The effective f/ratio of 3.44 helps but not a lot.  Must have been a very transparent sky.

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@pwalker Yes, the dust clouds were a lot more visible with this scope than my smaller AT60ED.  I think the transparency was good, but this is the night last week that the seeing was horrible.   Alas, the Quattro is never more...  😀 Thanks again for your help with the light flares in the unprocessed images Paul and Terri!  I appreciate it.

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

This gives new meaning to "One Shot Color"...it was taken with a new Sky-Watcher Quattro 150P (f/4) Newtonian -- but it will be the only image I take with that scope since I had to return it!  Long story.  Oh, well.   I was pretty impressed with the light it collected (as evidenced by the fact that this is only 1 hour of subs since I had to throw away 26 others), but there were also some other issues I had to iron out in post-processing.  Anyway, I thought the final image was cool, so I thought I'd share it. 

Sky-Watcher Quattro 150P f/4 Newtonian w/ 0.86x coma corrector (518mm fL) 
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 strain wave mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI120mm mini and a 30mm F4 guide scope
300s x 13 [Total Exposure 1:05]; with dark, flat, and dark-flat frames 
Pre-processed in PixInsight and post-processed in Photoshop

Greg

Greg, great image!   Glad you figured out the issues and that you needed a new coma corrector.    But sorry you had to give the scope up.   They seem like a 'replace everything' kind of shop.    The iris is like a jewel inside of a big storm cloud.  

Terri

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...