Eclipse 2023 from Eldorado, Tx

5 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Hi all, here are a couple of images from the Eldorado star party of the 2023 annular eclipse.   Enjoy.

We almost didn't see it as after a week of clear sky predictions, we had clouds roll in right as the eclipse was starting, but by full annular, the clouds magically opened up for us to fully see it.    Enjoy

Shot with a TEC140 ed at 2000mm of focal length with 2X powermate and Canon Ra SLR.   We also took hydrogen alpha image of the eclipse in 200 frame segments all through the process, but I do need to process those.    We have 3 days of travel to get back to Vermont, so that's something I'll be doing.

Terri

This topic was modified 10 months ago 3 times by Terri Zittritsch
This topic was modified 9 months ago 6 times by Terri Zittritsch

Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Nice to hear you got to see it.  Nice sequence.  Looking forward to seeing the H-alpha shots.  Good travels.

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Honorable Member

@terri  Fantastic images, Terri!  So glad the weather cooperated.  I was able to get a few shots between the clouds here, but it was nothing like seeing the full eclipse like you had.  Thanks for sharing these!

Have a good trip back.

Greg

ReplyQuote
Maura Kelley
(@maura-kelley)
Eminent Member

@terri Those images are thrilling!

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for kind words.. I uploaded a set that are better color matched.  We have a whole sequence.. I'll find some time to process them all and do some kind of sequence.

Terri

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...