Clear all

Coma Cluster (Abell 1656)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

To start off galaxy season, I did my first small galaxy/galaxy group captures with my 107PHQ.  A bit disappointing in terms of detail and color, but amazing in terms of the number of galaxies in such a small piece of sky!

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Antlia RGB Triband Ultra filter -- 600s x 19 [Total Exposure 3:10]; calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for generation of jpeg (for reduced file size)

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

To start off galaxy season, I did my first small galaxy/galaxy group captures with my 107PHQ.  A bit disappointing in terms of detail and color, but amazing in terms of the number of galaxies in such a small piece of sky!

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Antlia RGB Triband Ultra filter -- 600s x 19 [Total Exposure 3:10]; calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for generation of jpeg (for reduced file size)

Wow, look at all of those galaxies!!  I love the wide field galaxy shots, thanks for sharing Greg!   Beautiful capture, nice stars!

Terri

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...