Clear all

Leo Quartet (NGC 3190) containing NGC 3185, 3187, 3189, and 3193

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

To start off galaxy season, I did my first small galaxy/galaxy group captures with my 107PHQ on 3/28/23.  I cropped in somewhat on my original, but it's still difficult to see any detail or color.  Nice group of galaxies, though!  Still amazes me when I see all these objects out there.

Looking forward to seeing images of galaxies from those of you with the 'big guns'!  🙂

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Antlia RGB Triband Ultra filter -- 600s x 9 [Total Exposure 1:30]; calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for generation of jpeg (for reduced file size)

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Greg Erianne

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

To start off galaxy season, I did my first small galaxy/galaxy group captures with my 107PHQ on 3/28/23.  I cropped in somewhat on my original, but it's still difficult to see any detail or color.  Nice group of galaxies, though!  Still amazes me when I see all these objects out there.

Looking forward to seeing images of galaxies from those of you with the 'big guns'!  🙂

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Antlia RGB Triband Ultra filter -- 600s x 9 [Total Exposure 1:30]; calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for generation of jpeg (for reduced file size)

Beautiful capture.. I think the group is also called the Hickson 44 group.   I've captured this one is between Al Geiba and Adhefera... nice job!

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@terri Thanks, Terri!  Yes, you're correct, it's also HCG 44.  Sometimes I get different answers when I look for these designations!

Greg 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Greg Erianne

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...