Clear all

M3 Globular Cluster (NGC 5272)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

M3 (Messier 3, NGC 5272) is a globular cluster of stars in the constellation of Canes Venatici. This cluster is estimated to be 8 billion years old, is about 34,000 light-years from Earth, and contains around 500,000 stars.

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Light Frames [Total Exposure 1:22] - No filter other than the UV/IR cut filter only from ASI2600MC -- 60s x 82 frames

All light frames calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for exposure adjustments and generation of jpeg

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @greg-erianne

M3 (Messier 3, NGC 5272) is a globular cluster of stars in the constellation of Canes Venatici. This cluster is estimated to be 8 billion years old, is about 34,000 light-years from Earth, and contains around 500,000 stars.

Askar 107PHQ
ASI2600MC Pro (OSC camera)
ZWO AM5 mount with guiding via ASIAir Plus using an ASI178mm mini and a 60mm F4 guide scope
Light Frames [Total Exposure 1:22] - No filter other than the UV/IR cut filter only from ASI2600MC -- 60s x 82 frames

All light frames calibrated with dark, flat, and bias frames
Pre- and post-processed in PixInsight
Additional post-processing in Photoshop for exposure adjustments and generation of jpeg

Greg, another beautiful capture and processing, colors right to the core!!  Nice work!   That's on my list.. you should see my earlier attempt with my 8" SCT and T3i from a decade ago...    Just gorgeous!

Terri

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@terri Thanks, Terri.  This was the first globular cluster I imaged.  Not quite as easy as I thought to process!  

Do you have the image you took with your T3i?

Greg

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...