M44 - the Beehive

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  

Another image from spring, the Beehive nebula which is in the constellation Cancer.  I've always wanted to image this one, even though it's not the most spectacular object I had imaged something around a decade ago, I thought was the Beehive, but it turned out not to be.    So I've finally added it to my object list.

Terri

Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

As you say it's not the most impressive object but you wouldn't know it looking at your image of it.  Very nicely done.  The colors show nicely and the stars form distinct lines, looks almost like writing.  I do like the touch of adding the spikes.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pwalker

As you say it's not the most impressive object but you wouldn't know it looking at your image of it.  Very nicely done.  The colors show nicely and the stars form distinct lines, looks almost like writing.  I do like the touch of adding the spikes.

Paul

Thanks again for the feedback Paul.    I think the spikes look nice and artistic on shots with a smaller selection of bright stars.      Glad to finally add it to my list.    I've noticed that when the moon is out, you can still do star clusters and planets and the moon.   I haven't imaged anything since early April.. been busy and a bit burt out.    

Thanks for visiting the site and the feedback.

Terri

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...