Clear all

NGC 6914 in Cygnus

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
RickD
(@rdaniell)
Topic starter  

The Cynus constellation never fails to amaze me! Here is NGC 6914, a reflection nebula roughly 6,000 light years from Earth. The young blue stars in the core have cleared an area within the gaseous hydrogen nebula. The dark dust cloud structures can be seen readily in the various areas. Really pleased with the performance of the QHY 268 to bring out this much detail with less than 2 hours of exposure time. I’ll likely build upon this image with more data using a OIII and / or HA filter.

Technical details:

8” Ritchey Chretien scope @ 1250 mm fl (.75x fr)

QHY 268c OSC Camera

Orion Atlas Pro mount

PHD2 Guiding

20-300s exposures gain:56 offest:150

Pixinsight & Photoshop processing

@0.5x.jpg"> ngc-6914@0.5x.jpg

Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Hi Rick, now I see the image.    I have to click only on the '@0' part of the link to get it to show me the image.   It's different than others but not sure it's a problem. 

Very nice image.    Nice colors and stars.   Some great detail of the area.   I've not imaged much in this area myself.     Looks like the camera is working well for you.

Terri   
""

This post was modified 2 years ago by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Looks like the system doesn't like the @ signs in the name.  As I hover over parts of the link the "@0." shows as a link and is a the link but the whole things should be the link.  There is 2nd "@0." that changes as if it is a link but is not a link.

ReplyQuote
RickD
(@rdaniell)
Topic starter  

@terri Thanks Terri! I'll have to remember the "@" symbol does work so well on the site! Is there a way to replace the uploaded file or edit the original post? If so, I can fix it, so other can easily view the image. I'm pretty happy with this QHY 268 OSC camera!!

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @rdaniell

@terri Thanks Terri! I'll have to remember the "@" symbol does work so well on the site! Is there a way to replace the uploaded file or edit the original post? If so, I can fix it, so other can easily view the image. I'm pretty happy with this QHY 268 OSC camera!!

Hi Rick, I'm sure you can do an edit of your post and images can be deleted and re-added, or just add a new link.

I was also just looking at the QHY268 camera spec's and it has the same sensor as an ASI2600MC, which is a OSC camera I have.   I bought it for galaxies and to use with an 11" Edge SCT.    I've seen great things come from the Sony sensor that these cameras use.    Can't wait to see more images!

Terri

This post was modified 2 years ago by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
RickD
(@rdaniell)
Topic starter  

Here is a fresh link to the image file that might be easier to access. Thanks all

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...