4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Maura Kelley
(@maura-kelley)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi All,

We had a great gathering at our VAS observatory the other night. In between greeting guests, I set up my camera at 140mm on my telescope's tripod. It's always a bit difficult to discern a dark nebula (quickly) in a single subexposure. At the event, I was grateful to Paul to observe me attempting the wonderful training that Terri provided me in opening up our 18" telescope. Once again, Paul & I put our heads together to locate 'The Eye of God' (Helix Nebula) for the folks. 

In the meantime, I got 36 minutes here of Barnard's E (142 & 143), No autoguiding, 20-second exposures.

(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @maura-kelley

Hi All,

We had a great gathering at our VAS observatory the other night. In between greeting guests, I set up my camera at 140mm on my telescope's tripod. It's always a bit difficult to discern a dark nebula (quickly) in a single subexposure. At the event, I was grateful to Paul to observe me attempting the wonderful training that Terri provided me in opening up our 18" telescope. Once again, Paul & I put our heads together to locate 'The Eye of God' (Helix Nebula) for the folks. 

In the meantime, I got 36 minutes here of Barnard's E (142 & 143), No autoguiding, 20-second exposures.

So glad the event was a success, Maura!  That's terrific.  Nice capture of the dark nebulae! 

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Posted by: @maura-kelley

Hi All,

Beautiful image Maura.   Lots and lots of stars, with the dark nebula obscuring parts of the field.    Dark nebula are so cool, nice processing and colors as well.. expertly done.

Terri

ReplyQuote
Maura Kelley
(@maura-kelley)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@terri @greg-erianne

Thank you both!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...