Clear all

Total Lunar Eclipse - 11-08-22

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Still have some photos to go through, but I liked these.   I'm always blown away by the stars around the moon when it's eclipsed!  Unfortunately, I took the iPhone photos hand-held so there's a bit of shake from me and from the wind.  I thought they were cool, though.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos!

This topic was modified 1 year ago 5 times by Greg Erianne

Paul Walker
(@pwalker)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi Greg, nice.  Good to see you saw and imaged it.  I tried to include the Pleiades in the with my 75-300mm zoom but couldn't get them in at 75mm.  My wife took some with her iPhone from inside our living that came out decently.

Here are a few of mine--

2022-11-08 Lunar Eclipse

Using a Canon Rebel T7i on a 10" f/5.6 Newtonian telescope and with a 300mm telephoto.

5:02 AM EST, 10" f/5.6, 6 sec., ISO 100.

5:11 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 3.2 sec @ ISO 100

5:47 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 3.2 sec @ ISO 400

6:05 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 0.6 sec @ ISO 400
This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Paul Walker

ReplyQuote
(@greg-erianne)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pwalker

Hi Greg, nice.  Good to see you saw and imaged it.  I tried to include the Pleiades in the with my 75-300mm zoom but couldn't get them in at 75mm.  My wife took some with her iPhone from inside our living that came out decently.

Here are a few of mine--

2022-11-08 Lunar Eclipse

Using a Canon Rebel T7i on a 10" f/5.6 Newtonian telescope and with a 300mm telephoto.

5:02 AM EST, 10" f/5.6, 6 sec., ISO 100.

5:11 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 3.2 sec @ ISO 100

5:47 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 3.2 sec @ ISO 400

6:05 AM EST, 300mm f/5.6, 0.6 sec @ ISO 400

Very nice, Paul!  Love those large moon shots!  I was using my 60mm AT60 with a 2x PowerMate (720mm fL) and a Canon SL3.    Terrific job.

The Pleiades looked so pretty right above the moon.  I think when the stars are visible around the moon is my favorite time.  It's really a gorgeous sky -- but very tough to capture that in a camera.

Greg

ReplyQuote
Terri Zittritsch
(@terri)
Member - Treasurer

Great images guys.. I took a few at overlook park and will post later.  The wild was howling and it was cold!    When I got home, I noticed I could see the eclipse over the farm from our street.  I couldn't see it from my house, but I could walk across the street and set up and see it fine.   This is the second time I'm surprised by how low to the horizon I can see, first was with the comet.   Is this a light bending thing for items near the horizon?

Terri

This post was modified 1 year ago by Terri Zittritsch

ReplyQuote
ScottE
(@scotte)

Great shots. I've shared the thread and links to a couple of images with my spooky folks over on a discord for the Nightmare Vermont haunted house production group. Beware the werewolves! 😋 

I can only offer a _before_ picture as I tested out setting up the Canon Rebel with a 300mm lens at approximately midnight.  Thought better of climbing out of bed again when I checked the clock 4 hours later.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share on...